Hier finden unsere Wrackspezialisten was sie suchen .. viele Infos über Blech und Holz unter Wasser - ob in heimischen Breitengraden oder auf der ganzen Welt verteilt - alles zum Thema passt hier rein.

Geierfels and Freienfels wrecks found and identified.

Greetings to all, Ilike to inform you that the wrecks of Geierfels and Freienfels were found and identified at 137 m depth near the island of Gorgona.

I am conducting a series of dives as a result of identification, at the end of the work put in the English section of an Italian forum (Poverosub) the final report and the best photos.

Actually there is a 3d running with info and photos,but only in italian,sorry.

(registration required)

(http://www.poverosub.com/forum5/viewtopic.php?t=73714

Greetings from Livorno.

Massimo "Naumachos" Bondone.
AntwortAbonnieren
diverhans...autark
09.08.2013 21:44
Hi, congratulations! I`m very interested on the photos. At a depth of 137 meters, I had not expected the wrecks. My research amounted to 100 meters water depth.

Regards Rene
diverhans...autark
09.08.2013 22:00
The topic or post you requested does not exist

09.08.2013 22:23
Hi Hans,i`m sorry but you need to be registered to read.
www.poverosub.com
Anyway at the end of September I will write a report with photos, I will try to share a place to put it.
I wrote here because doing research on the net we found this 3d :

http://www.taucher.net/forum/Livorno___Geierfels__u.__Freienfels__noch_da__wrack179.html
09.08.2013 22:36
Hi, congratulations! I`m very interested on the photos. At a depth of 137 meters, I had not expected the wrecks. My research amounted to 100 meters water depth.

Regards Rene
Hello Rene, I`m sorry if I write to pieces, but I do not know German, I have difficulty understanding the commands of the forum.

Other people have worked to find them, thanks to the fishermen trawling was not difficult.

I have identified the Geierfels cleaning the bell, it reads well the name, the other is the Freienfels being identical.

diverhans...autark
09.08.2013 22:45
Of course, I`m registered. It still does not work. Anyway, send me a link when you have the photos of the wreck.

I`m a freak. If you like, please look here and take your time 15 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGmwIrsyBpU

And ...sorry, my english is bad.

diverhans(ät)web.de
diverhans...autark
09.08.2013 23:11
Found the bell? Perfect! Once again, congratulations! Yes, the fishermen`s - if we did not have the fishermen`s...

137 meters with OC are too deep for me - alas! My maximum depth is 110 meters with OC. My film equipment can 200 meters.
09.08.2013 23:18
Well,enter the main page from

www.poverosub.com/forum5/

and then go to "relitti" and click on "relitti della gorgona",scroll the page and you will find some nice photo take with a Contour mounted on my helmet.

I`m surfing the web on board of my rib in Livorno,must wait to have more credit on the usb pen drive;will see your video in the next days.

Hey,google traslator is our friend !
diverhans...autark
09.08.2013 23:39
> Well,enter the main page from

I`ll try it.

> Hey, google translator is our friend!

And yes, google translator is my friend. What did you think?

> will see your video in the next days

Take headphones. And hear the first song attentive.

I`m currently working on two projects. An another project are 30 wrecks around Malta. 17 wrecks I filmed four weeks ago. The other 13 wrecks of Malta I film in the end of September 2013.

Red Sea: 6 hours of footage on Blu-ray in 4 weeks on the market.
Malta: more than 6 hours of footage on Blu-ray on Christmas.
A freak show

See you!

diverhans...autark
09.08.2013 23:52
Yes, Yes! On even keel! That`s what I expected! You were down with OC? Respect.
10.08.2013 11:04
Malta ... dreaming about to go there by boat from Genoa (i live there) ... will see,your job will be useful to have a good look about what they have there.
10.08.2013 11:21
The spectacular viz that you can see in some photos was absolutely ... uhm ... once in a life time,the average is much less but not so bad,imho.

Will be in Livorno until the end of August,hope to leave from here after a complete exploration of the two wrecks.

I`m diving a standard Meg and carrying 4 x 12 Carbondive 300 bar as bail out ... no dpv,only long fins (take a complete tour at an average depht of -130 in quite challenging with Jetfin !

The guy in OC is a friend of mine that worked to find the wreck`s position speaking around with fishermens and doing web research (he found an old 3d about that wrecks here)

I`m 56 y old,never seen in Med a similar show... me and an hystorical research group are working about an article our bullettin,will be on print in the next month.

Let me know (by mail) about your work in Malta,when will be ready and where to buy it.

(not in Blu Ray,i`m a low cost pc user!)
diverhans...autark
10.08.2013 11:56
> not in Blu Ray,i`m a low cost pc user!

I make Blu-ray and(!) DVD. Expensive for me to make. But better for users. But, at first the Blu-ray is coming - I love to see quality.

Please write me if you have more pictures of the two wrecks. Finally, I worked for 3 years in the search. However, I have a search operation canceled because I moved to northern Germany.
I`ve lived eight years on Lake Constance (Bodensee) in southern Germany. I was in the month Regularly diving between Marseille and Sestri Levante, as a solo diver.
I sold my dive boat in 2007.

Regards and continued success! I`m happy for you for this success of finding, it`s simply Great!

Rene
10.08.2013 14:14
The stunning photos are from the south wreck (Freienferls),the other one (north wreck Geierfels))is lying on the portside side.

Freienfles had lost the bow ,Geierfels lost the entire stern with rudder and propeller blow away for the explosion.

Hope to have more news and photos in the next dives,see you soon.

diverhans...autark
10.08.2013 15:39
Freienfels:
The wreck is upright. And the bow is missing. Find the position of mine hit. I think, in the near of the bridge bulkhead / the end of cargo space two.
The mine can not be detonated at the bow - time fuse.
Or, the freighter`s was very, very slowly in motion.
Structurally, the bow a vulnerability, when the ship during the sinking first hits with the bow on the seabed. He breaks off. The bow must be in the near of the main part. I think, he will be completely collapsed.
Or: The bow was still tight and had buoyancy. Cargo space two is flooded. The bow can be broken during the sinking.
Many possibilities!

Geierfels:
The same. But the stern but never waterproof. The continuous screw shaft bends. And the stern is now leaking. The same applies on hit to the rotating screw (for example: noise Torpedo, underwater is the propeller noise louder than the engine).
The ship sank at first with the stern on the side.
Or: The Geierfels will have driven a maneuver. To port or starboard. Then the mine has hit the ship in the end of rear cargo space. When driving maneuver the stern swings out, not the bow.

Directly stern and Bow (forecastle) are not areas of a mine hit - a direct explosion of the mine. If so, then this is pure coincidence. And very, very rarely the case.

diverhans...autark
10.08.2013 15:49
An exception! The mining belt in front of Livorno was specifically timed for ally speed boats ...
Antwort